Since we moved into our house (8 years ago) there’s been this ugly light fixture right outside my shop/office door. For a long time I looked for a decent looking replacement for it at the stores, but never really found anything that I liked. Part of the trouble was that it had to clear the door, but also not shine directly into your eyes when coming down the stairs. These constraints made most of the options that I liked not work out.
Finally, I decided to make my own (duh Bob.. why did that take your 8 years?) I had a lot of idea but wanted to find a way to make a curve wooden shade. Check out how I did it!
(purchasing via these affiliate links supports ILTMS)
- Bamboo Veneer sheet (they have other kinds)
- Lamp kit
- SawStop cabinet saw
- Dewalt 20v drill driver combo
- Grizzly 14″ Bandsaw
- Grizzly Drill Press (WAAAAY overpriced (3x) on Amazon, buy from Grizzly directly.)
- Shop Fox Hanging Air Filter
- 2HP Dust Collector
- 1 Micron bag
- Spray lacquer
- CA Glue (medium)
- CA Activator
- Wire strippers (not the ones I have, but good ones)