Since I recently set up my new shop, I’ve wanted to add dust collection. I tried running the wet/dry vac directly to the tools, but the filter got clogged VERY quickly. Once I decided to try adding a cyclone to the mix, I figured I should go ahead and build out a complete system so that I wouldn’t have t owaste time moving one hose from tool to tool when I needed to use it.
I’m SO glad I did. Watch the video below to see exactly how I did it.
I used plastic blast gates in the video, but I’ve heard from several people that they won’t last over time due to poor construction/clogging/etc. I’ve linked to some aluminum gates that would probably be a better choice. I plan on upgrading mine at some point.
I added an Arduino so that I could open and close all of the blast gates from one place! Check it out!
Here’s what you’ll need:
(These are affiliate links, using them for purchases helps me out!)
- Woodstock D4203 2-1/2-Inch by 10-Feet Hose, Clear
- Steelex Wire Hose Clamp, 2-1/2-Inch, 10-Pack
- Woodstock D4229 2-1/2-Inch T-Fitting
- Oneida Molded DIY Dust Deputy Cyclone
Woodstock D4224 2-1/2-Inch Blast Gate<— plastic
- POWERTEC 70134 2-1/2-Inch Aluminum Blast Gate for Vacuum/Dust Collector <– aluminum